Re: [gtk-list] Can Gtk be used as a Rendering Libaray ?

>  Is it possible to Use gtk as a rendering library ?.  For example,
>  Is it possible to pass a Window handle (Gdk window) to gtk to draw
>  a button on the window?  What I am looking for is a method to get
>  the Gtk widget Look and Feel for my application without going
>  through gtk_main().  I did look through the sample
>  applications(testgtk)...

That sounds really scary :-)

If you just call gtk_init(), you *could* use the rendering functions
from the GtkStyle structures.  Look at gtk_draw_*() and gtk_paint_*()
in gtkstyle.c.

You may want to use Gtk's display connection if you do this.

Why do you want to do this, though?

  Federico