Gtk+ Java IDE and GNOME MDI

    Anyone know if there is a Gtk+/Gnome Java IDE in developement? I've
looked over all the common program repositories (freshmeat, gnome.org
etc) and haven't found one. If there isnt one, I'd like to take a stab
at coding one if there is enough call for it. I have another IDE project
already going, so i may merge the two and make a general IDE with
modules for different languages or something. Unfortuantly im not too
impressed by the current text widgets that are available, so I think im
going to have to write my own widget...sounds fun eh?

So what I want to know is, what are some of the features that people
want included in a source code editor?
Ive been following the GtkText thread, but most of the information that
people seem to be sending in are the things that they dont want, so...

Another thing that I am curious about is the usefullness of the gnome
mdi widget(s). I am currently doing my mdi with a standard gtk notebook,
but have been seriously thinking of going to the gnome version in order
to keep everything with the gnome standard. I'd like some people's
opinions on the usability of the gnome mdi widget(s), as well as well as
its speed.

Thanks to anyone who has comments,
Chicane