Re: [gtk-list] Gtk+ Java IDE and GNOME MDI

>     Anyone know if there is a Gtk+/Gnome Java IDE in developement? I've
> looked over all the common program repositories (freshmeat, gnome.org
> etc) and haven't found one. If there isnt one, I'd like to take a stab
> at coding one if there is enough call for it. I have another IDE project
> already going, so i may merge the two and make a general IDE with
> modules for different languages or something. Unfortuantly im not too
> impressed by the current text widgets that are available, so I think im
> going to have to write my own widget...sounds fun eh?

Just add a java filter to glade (since it's xml based) for the widgets
that gtk and java have in common as there is no point to re-writing the
wheel.:P

> So what I want to know is, what are some of the features that people
> want included in a source code editor?
> Ive been following the GtkText thread, but most of the information that
> people seem to be sending in are the things that they dont want, so...

gvim is good enough though it could use some integration into glade or
something and better config interface. :P

Sean Cody (aka NullStream)
umcodysw@cc.umanitoba.ca (SCHOOL)
null@fuzyscsi.dhs.org     (HOME)

"If God's my witness then God must be blind."
	Garbage - As Heaven Is Wide