Re: [gtk-list] Re: C++ and gtk+

   But it is such a pain in the neck to try to bind C++ to
   gtk. Have someone thought of abstracting one more layer
   in gtk so as to make C and C++ interfaces equal in their
   level? I mean a (lower) layer atop of which to build
   brother/sister interfaces to C, C++ etc.

What would you remove from Gtk+ to create your lower-level layer?  The
intent, as I understand it (from the perspective of a Gtk-- user, not
a developer) is that Gtk is a foundation just as you describe, upon
which it is straightforward to build bindings for Python, C++, Ada, or
what have you.  It's implemented in C, so the C binding just happens
to be the special-case ``no wrapper required.''
--
Joseph J. Pfeiffer, Jr., Ph.D.       Phone -- (505) 646-1605
Department of Computer Science       FAX   -- (505) 646-1002