error: /lib/libc.so.6

I believe I need some help understanding which libraries and packages
I need to have installed to run a particular program I'm developing. I
either need to add some more or fix the configuration somehow.

When running a program in gdb which includes <gtk/gtk.h> I get the
following
error when I come to a call to g_print:

0x40303fad in ?? () from /lib/libc.so.6
(gdb)

WHen I run the program from the command line I get:
Segmentation fault

gtk-config --version returns:
1.2.6

I'm running a Corel Linux Deluxe OS which is Debian slink based. I've
added a few packages from potato in order to run gtk+1.2. I was able
to run this program on a similar Debian based system with no such
problems.
This same program runs on my mostly stock RedHat 6.0 machine with no
such problems. I'm guessing that I don't have libglibc or libgtk
installed correctly even though dpkg never errored out.

I've included some of the dpkg status messages to indicate some of the
packages I've installed from potato.

To the slink based system I added the potato packages:
libglib1.2
dpkg -s libglib1.2 returns

dpkg -s libglib1.2-dev returns
Package: libglib1.2-dev

dpkg -s libglib1.2-dbg returns:
Package: libglib1.2-dbg

libgtk1.2
dpkg -s libgtk1.2 returns
Package: libgtk1.2 Status: install ok
installed

dpkg -s libgtk1.2-dev returns:
Package: libgtk1.2-dev

dpkg -s libgtk1.2-dbg returns:
Package: libgtk1.2-dbg

Please let me know if I need to supply more information. I'd also
appreciate it if you could both reply to my email address
ejy@summitbid.com and to this group.

Thank you in advance.

Ed