Re: [gtk-list] error: /lib/libc.so.6

Ed Young <ejyoung@ouray.cudenver.edu> writes:
> I believe I need some help understanding which libraries and packages
> I need to have installed to run a particular program I'm developing. I
> either need to add some more or fix the configuration somehow.
>
> When running a program in gdb which includes <gtk/gtk.h> I get the
> following
> error when I come to a call to g_print:

> 0x40303fad in ?? () from /lib/libc.so.6
> (gdb)
>
> WHen I run the program from the command line I get:
> Segmentation fault

The first question is: do other GTK programs installed on the box
segfault? For example, some of the Debian packages? That tells you if
you should be looking at libraries or not.

You might try "apt-get install some-random-package"; if you have any
broken dependencies apt will whine about it.

The problem here is not missing libraries, it's some sort of
incompatible libraries, or possibly a bug in some library or program.
If you had missing libraries then you'd get a linker message instead
of segv.

Before anything else, try "make clean" and rebuilding the app on your
Debian box though.

Havoc