Re: [gtk-list] Re: Need help in GTK-project

   However, the program Bart is working on is a clear example where
   modularity will help. He actually needs two major modules: one to
   control the motor and another one that handles the user interface.
   Given the fact that he admits that this is his first big program, it
   is a bit strange that his teachers didn't tell him about modular
   programming.

Not strange at all.  He hasn't said how many programming classes he's
had; but if this is his first big program, presumably not many (Bart,
I hope I'm not putting too many words in your mouth here).  I just
taught my first introductory C class, and it's pretty clear I learned
a lot more than my students did:  I got a real education into how hard
concepts are that, decades later, seem easy.  I pretty much lost 'em
all when I got to pointers (and I had some IMHO pretty bright people
in there).  Modules and separate compilation?  Not a chance.
--
Joseph J. Pfeiffer, Jr., Ph.D.       Phone -- (505) 646-1605
Department of Computer Science       FAX   -- (505) 646-1002