Re: [gtk-list] Re: Need help in GTK-project

Joe Pfeiffer wrote:

> Not strange at all.  He hasn't said how many programming classes he's
> had; but if this is his first big program, presumably not many (Bart,
> I hope I'm not putting too many words in your mouth here).

Well, 2 years ago, I had 2 hours theory + 2 hours of laboratory during
the semester.  Unfortunately, the teacher was very bad and as a matter
of fact, it was more like learning C by self-study.  I was glad to have
had some Turbo Pascal in the past...
Last year we learned C++ and this year it's JAVA.  Maybe interesting to
know: I'm an engineering electronics student, not an informatics
student... so we don't get to see things al in detail like that... there
isn't the time for it :-(

Unfortunately, we never got to do some big projects, only tiny little
programs that calculate if 21 Oktober 1978 is a Monday or not, and other
'introductory' like that...

Seems like I have to learn 'the real stuff' by doing some GTK ;-)
It rockzzz :-)

Greetzzz
MC303

--