Re: [gtk-list] Re: Need help in GTK-project

Erik Mouw wrote:

> You are right: sometimes modularity is not that efficient. However, for
> every program that isn't a simple straight-forward task modularity helps
> you creating, testing, and maintaining the code. (Tutorial examples
> are straight forward programs: show how a certain feature works.)
>
> However, the program Bart is working on is a clear example where
> modularity will help. He actually needs two major modules: one to
> control the motor and another one that handles the user interface.
> Given the fact that he admits that this is his first big program, it
> is a bit strange that his teachers didn't tell him about modular
> programming.

Well... I guess he 'mentioned' it a couple of times in the theory
lessons of our C-course, but in the laboratory lessons, we never got to
do something that had to do with modular programming.  Big mistake if
you ask me... This has as a consequence that it needs some time for me
to get used to the idea, although i think my
student-beginner-programming skills aren't THAT bad...
I am happy I got to know Linux in March this year, it has already
learned me a lot about Computers/hardware/Unix and look... right now I'm
writing my very own Linux program and I'm learning a lot from it! :-)
Life is beautifull :-)

Greetzzz
MC303

PS: Any bug reports or tips or whatever on my program are welcom!
(http://hello.to/MC303 -> 'Stepper motor')

--
Bart Vandewoestyne		http://hello.to/MC303
Hugo Verrieststraat 48		Bart.Vandewoestyne@skynet.be