Porting a Motif app. to GTK

First of all, sorry if this is a FAQ, but it would appear that the
archives link listed on http://www.gtk.org/mailinglists.html is no
longer good.  Neither is the archive pointer in the list introduction
you get when you subscribe.  ~sigh~  If anybody knows of a link to
searchable archives I would appreciate it.

Now for my questions:

I have a Motif app. (well it's not my app, it is a very decent GUI
mailer called Ishmail - http://www.ishmail.com/ that has gone
OpenSource) that I want to start converting to GTK.

So, my first question is, should I?  :-)  What I mean is what is the
feasibility of converting an app from Motif to GTK?  Is there a porting
guide, or any notes or tools of any kind out there to assist?

If you were doing this, where would you start?  What (kinds) of widgets
would you convert first?  Simple "inner" type widgets like menus and
buttons or "outer" type widgets like container and manager widgets?  Or
would you start somewhere else?

Will it be possible to convert piece by piece such that I can actually
run this app with a mixture of widgets from both toolkits?  i.e.  If I
convert the menus to use the GTK menu widget(s) will I be able to run
the app at that point?  I can't see why not myself.

Oh yes.  This app. is written in C++.  Would that make a difference in
your opinion as to whether you used gtk+ proper or the gtk-- wrappers?

Looking forward to all of your opinions!

b.

--
Brian J. Murrell                              InterLinx Support Services, Inc.
North Vancouver, B.C.                                             604 983 UNIX