Re: [gtk-list] Re: Gtk-- versus GTK+

   I know that (again) I should read the manual first, but before I do
   can anyone explain (I'm not asking for more than a three-liner) why
   gtk-- is needed if I can use all the gtk+ functions successfully in
   a C++ environment. Why isn't extern "C" {...} wrapping enough?

Of course, if you want, you can just use Gtk+ from the C environment,
using extern "C" as you say.  Gtk--, by wrapping widgets in classes,
just lends itself much more nicely to a C++ program.
--
Joseph J. Pfeiffer, Jr., Ph.D.       Phone -- (505) 646-1605
Department of Computer Science       FAX   -- (505) 646-1002