Re: multithreaded apps

>> I have made a small multi-threaded application using Owen's hints. I
>> have put it at:
>> http://borco-ei.eng.hokudai.ac.jp/~borco/vdk/download/misc/test1.tar.gz

Just to clarify some of the advice I gave Ionutz:

using gdk_threads_{enter,leave} is fine if you don't have performance
considerations that might be affected by the X event loop.

the multithreaded model I use, where only one thread ever gets to call
GTK functions, is required by the program I'm working on, in which the
delay sometimes caused by gdk_threads_enter() would be intolerable (I
have 1.2msec to compute some sound, and if I don't do it in time, my
program is broken).

--p