Re: [gtk-list] Re: Gtk-- versus GTK+

Guillaume Laurent <glaurent@worldnet.fr> writes:

> I'm using Gtk-- (and got involved in it to start with) for the GUI of
> Rosegarden, a notation editor (see my homepage for more details).
Rosegarden, I know Rosegarden.
I have a look at Rosegarden and musictex.
maybe my progs can send there notation stuff to rosegarden for
edit notation ?
- If You use Gtk-- I'm pretty sure it's right for me and I don't
  must use GTK+ directly, :-)

my programming ideas:
in future we will do a program like `band-in-a-box` for
Linux to "sound up the box" and use it as a "rhythm-section"
for workshedding.
and notate and transpose "Leed-Sheeds"
let talk the objects via corba

> > - Gtk-- is not documented( in fact  I can't find documentation for Gtk--)
>
> Wrong, although the doc is far from complete. Then again, the GTK+ doc
> can be refered to just as well for most of the features, except
> signals. The translation is straightforward.
Please can You `tell` me where I can get the Gtk-- Document
or Gtk-- manual
I only found the GTK+Manual.
no Gtk-- Stuff, only a very few examples,  no tutorial.

> And Gtk-- wraps all this the best it can. Ain't that great ?
yo,
Thank You for help me,
makes things much clearer and I'm shure I can use Gtk-- without
lost features :-)

wish You all the best
  Peter
--