Re: [gtk-list] GTK installation problem !
- From: "Ferri Andy Ch." <chandy indo net id>
- To: gtk-list redhat com
- Subject: Re: [gtk-list] GTK installation problem !
- Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 19:02:23 +0700
Cyril Thibout wrote:
> I just tried to install GTK 1.2.1 on LINUX2.0.36 with Mandrake 5.3 without
> the first phase has been successfully completed : the GLIB 1.2.1 has been
> compiled and installed (at least no error message!)
> But when I launch the GTK 1.2.1 " ./configure " GLIB IS SAID MISSING !
> ("the glib- config script installed by GLIB was not be found ...")
> If I configure GTK with the --prefix option with the GLIB full path I get
> the same error message.
> If I launch the configuration script with --with-glib option (with the
> installation glib path) the GTK configuration is ok.
> BUT when I launch the GTK make it failed because of a gmodule.la (written
> in the makefile !) that can't be found.
> Please let me know what I could have forgotten !
1. If you just run configure without '--prefix', it should then
installed in /usr/local/lib (libglib* and others), /usr/local/bin
(glib-config), and /usr/local/include (header files), check
2. add your path with /usr/local/bin, so Gtk configure able to run
3. make sure that ld.so.conf in /etc contains /usr/local/lib
4. run (as root) ldconfig -v, and verify whether the output really
contain /usr/local/lib and glib libraries in it.
More or less same rule applies on Gtk. Good luck and have fun!
Ferri Andy Ch.
// chandy a7 indo 607 net 607 id -------/
// Linux kernel 2.2.5 XFree86 22.214.171.124
// Glib/Gtk 1.2.1 Enlightenment 0.16
// Mozilla 4.51 -------/
] [Thread Prev