Re: [gtk-list] Bug or Changes in the entry widget?

On Thu, 15 Apr 1999, Gert wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've upgraded my gtk version form 2.0 to 2.1 (those RPM upgrades that came
> with the lates gnome), but now suddenly my program acts really wierd...

the latest is release is 1.2.1, 1.2.2 should be on the ftp site soon. but at
any rate, we haven't changed the major number to 2 yet ;9

> I have 2 functions connected to a GtkEntry:
>  func1 connected to "activate"
>  func2 conencted_after to "key_press_event"
>
> And this has changed: if I now press a ' ' on my keybord, it triggers:
> `key_press' and `activate', while an '\n' triggers `activate' `key_press'
> `activate'
>
> I didn't change ANYthing about my code, recompiling didn't help it either
>
> Did you guys change anything, or is this just a buggy release or so ?

hm, sounds strange, i suspect you're doing something weird in your code,
the GtkEntry emits key_press_event for both ' ' and '\n' and from within its
key_press_event handler emits another activate for when '\n' is pressed.
it'd help if you code post the code that you are actually using for your
signal connections.

> Help much appriciated,
>
>   Gert

---