Re: [gtk-list] Re: Bug or Changes in the entry widget?

On Thu, 15 Apr 1999, Tim Janik wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Apr 1999, Gert wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've upgraded my gtk version form 2.0 to 2.1 (those RPM upgrades that came
> > with the lates gnome), but now suddenly my program acts really wierd...
>
> the latest is release is 1.2.1, 1.2.2 should be on the ftp site soon. but at
> any rate, we haven't changed the major number to 2 yet ;9

My mistake, it was from 1.2.0 ro 1.2.1 (I forgot the 1.). I just updated
gnome, which included an update for gtk ...

> > I have 2 functions connected to a GtkEntry:
> >  func1 connected to "activate"
> >  func2 conencted_after to "key_press_event"
> >
> > And this has changed: if I now press a ' ' on my keybord, it triggers:
> > `key_press' and `activate', while an '\n' triggers `activate' `key_press'
> > `activate'
> >
> > I didn't change ANYthing about my code, recompiling didn't help it either
> >
> > Did you guys change anything, or is this just a buggy release or so ?
>
> hm, sounds strange, i suspect you're doing something weird in your code,
> the GtkEntry emits key_press_event for both ' ' and '\n' and from within its
> key_press_event handler emits another activate for when '\n' is pressed.
> it'd help if you code post the code that you are actually using for your
> signal connections.

Since it is difficult for me to explain that, I've uploaded my current
source to: (there's no link on the page)
http://www.nowmoo.demon.nl/gMOO-0.4-gtklist.tar.gz

Some data:
Signals are connected in:    world.c:14[12]
Signals are implemented in:  world.c:557 and world.c:610
To see the `bug' create a new world (doesn;t matter what it is), and type
some text in the white input line and watch the stdout .... :(