Re: [gtk-list] Bug or Changes in the entry widget?

On Thu, 15 Apr 1999 14:23:59 +0200 (CEST), gtk-list@redhat.com (Gert) wrote:
> I've upgraded my gtk version form 2.0 to 2.1 (those RPM upgrades that came
> with the lates gnome), but now suddenly my program acts really wierd...

I think you mean: from 1.0 to 1.2, or from 1.1 to 1.2.

> I have 2 functions connected to a GtkEntry:
>  func1 connected to "activate"
>  func2 conencted_after to "key_press_event"
>
> And this has changed: if I now press a ' ' on my keybord, it triggers:
> `key_press' and `activate', while an '\n' triggers `activate' `key_press'
> `activate'
>
> I didn't change ANYthing about my code, recompiling didn't help it either

Maybe you _should_ change your code. Did you have a look at the release
notes? The main page of www.gtk.org has some pointers to changes.

> Did you guys change anything, or is this just a buggy release or so ?

What do you think? That they just changed the version number without
changing any code? ;-) It is possible that you have a buggy RPM, or a
mixture of GTK 1.0 and GTK 1.2 on your system. The GNOME pages have more
info on that issue.

Erik

Phone: +31-15-2785859  Fax: +31-15-2781843  Email J.A.K.Mouw@its.tudelft.nl