- From: john giorgio hart bbk ac uk
- To: gtk-list redhat com
- Subject: file selector
- Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 15:43:15 +0100
There was some discussion about a better file selection box a week or two ago,
but I don't think anyone actually said they were working on anything (probably
So before I waste a few days, is anyone fiddling with this widget? I've got
some file selection code left over from an old Motif app I'm starting to put
in. It does the following:
* files-of-type filtering
* a combo widget at the top, rather than the option_menu
- tab-completion in the combo dir dir names
- you can put your own stuff in the history list
- history items show all dirs visited, not just dirs on path to root
* something to automatically set/change the suffix for you
- files-of-type is set to TIFF, user types "fred", altered to "fred.tif"
- files-of-type is changed from TIFF to JPEG/JFIF, file name
changed from "fred.tif" to "fred.jpg"
- set files-of-type to all to disable this "feature"
* environment vars in filenames
- you can put "$PHOTOSHOP_HOME/demos" in the history, for example
* single-click to switch dirs in dir-list
- heck, I prefer it anyway
* better preservation of the selected filename
- switching dirs does not zap the filename you typed in, wooo!
John Cupitt, email@example.com, +44 (0)171 930 2108
VASARI Lab, The National Gallery, Trafalgar Square, London, WC2N 5DN
] [Thread Prev