Re: [gtk-list] I want to understand

   I just wonder (after having a quick look in the sources of Gtk+) why this
   lib uses C-programming to implements objects instead of directly C++. I
   have heard about faster c-compilation than c++, but I think that's not THE
   issue. So, I just want to know what are the real reasons (just to satisfy
   my curiosity before, because I'm to code in Gtk+ perhaps via Gtk--, so I
   want to understand deeper before beginning).

Multiple language bindings.  C has about as simple a language binding
as you'll ever find, so it's reasonably straightforward do write a
small wrapper providing the binding to some other language (like
C++).  Going the other way would be much more difficult.

I've been working in Gtk--, and have been quite happy.
--
Joseph J. Pfeiffer, Jr., Ph.D.       Phone -- (505) 646-1605
Department of Computer Science       FAX   -- (505) 646-1002