Re: [gtk-list] problems building GTK+ on SCO Unixware

//hello all,
//
//I'm attempting to GNU-ify my recently-installed copy of free SCO
//Unixware 2.1.3.  In doing so, I'm trying to get GTK+ working so I
//can use all the great GTK and Gnome software.
//
//The other day, I built and installed GTK+ 1.0.5.  It appeared to
//build and install without problems.  When I tried to build some
//of the example applications (in ./examples) nothing would
//build.  I received numerous errors about undefined symbols.  All
//the undefined symbols were named gtk_*.  I used the following
//commands to build the helloworld2 example...
//
//bash$ cd gtk+1.0.5/examples/helloworld2
//bash$ make
//
//The errors are generated during the linking phase of the build.

What errors, exactly? Could you send the exact and complete output of the above commands? One thing you might want to check for is if you already have an installed version of gtk+ somewhere. (Another thing is whether or not makeing the examples like that requires you to have installed gtk+ already, or whether it will use the uninstalled libraries.)

Regards,

Johannes.
--
Doom: I didn't know hell was this much fun. Can't wait for the real thing.

How do I connect to that real-life thing I keep hearing about?