Re: [gtk-list] gtk+-1.0.5-2 (RPM), gtk+-1.1.1, & gpgp-0.2

Ray Marshall wrote:

> I just checked, and according to RPM, 23 products require both libgdk.so.1
> and libgtk.so.1, provided by the gtk+-1.0.5-2 RPM file.  Most of them are

Unfortunately these RPM files as delivered, usually don't support
to be rooted somewhere else like /opt so that one can have two
versions of the libraries.

>   2) Will I be in serious trouble with the depending packages, if I
>      upgrade from gtk+-1.0.5 to gtk+-1.1.1?

I would think so but I would like to hear other experiences, in my
case RH5.0 I had to remain with the 0.99 RPM and install a 1.0.4
out of a .tar.gz file in /opt. That's a disadvantage with moving
targets in an otherwise stable system :(

--
D. Emilio Grimaldo Tunon       Compuware Europe B.V. (Uniface Lab)
Software Engineer	       Amsterdam, The Netherlands