gtk+-1.0.5-2 (RPM), gtk+-1.1.1, & gpgp-0.2

I have been trying not to deviate too far from a standard RedHat V5.1
system, with all of the current errata files applied.

But, I was just trying to build gpgp-0.2 (to go along with the gnupg-0.3.5
that I just installed).  But, gpgp's configure script says that it requires
gtk+-1.1.1.  The latest RPM available from the RedHat directories that I
scanned, is gtk+-1.0.5-2 -- which I have installed.

As an aside:  I have sent Max Valianskiy an Email, asking why gpgp-0.2
requires a development version of gtk+.

I just checked, and according to RPM, 23 products require both libgdk.so.1
and libgtk.so.1, provided by the gtk+-1.0.5-2 RPM file.  Most of them are
actually Gnome packages (no surprise there).  But, they also include among
others, gimp, control-panel, gtkicq, and replay.

I am concerned that if I upgrade gtk+ manually, there may be some confusion
among the other products, and future RPM packages.

My primary questions for this list are:

  1) Is there an RPM file for gtk+-1.1.1?

  2) Will I be in serious trouble with the depending packages, if I
     upgrade from gtk+-1.0.5 to gtk+-1.1.1?

Thanks /  Ray
Ray Marshall <raym@vnet.net>        | Unconditional Forgiveness & Love --
Chapel Hill NC, or Sutton Mills NH. |   The corner stones of coexistence.
Work: raym@nortel.ca