Re: DND with CList

"Andrew A. Bely" <taurus@cave.garant.ru> writes:

> Owen Taylor wrote:
> >
> > Basicically, DND only currently works on entire widgets.  I'm
> > currently working on a rewrite of DND for GTK+-1.2. Until that's
> > finished, you'll just have to provide a "Add to Tree" button or
> > something.
> >

> But DND still works from, for example GtkListItem. GtkTreeItem has
> it's own gdk window, doesn't it? And if yes, why it can't be a drop
> target?

Yes, tree items can be drop targets. But GtkCTree (new in the
1.1 branch, nicer than GtkTree) is like GtkCList. But,
I was more saying that you can't really drag a row
from a GtkCList currently. (And not have it look like you
are dragging the entire list)

> What I not understand is how to check keyboard flags
> ( GDK_SHIFT_MASK, for example ) in DND events?
> It looks like it is impossible in Gtk+ 1.0.*, but can be very
> useful to find this ability in Gtk+ 1.2

The DND api will completely different in 1.2. Hopefully,
I'll have something people can look at soon.

Regards,
                                        Owen