Re: [gtk-list] Re: Gnome/GtkCanvas (was Re: gtk_args_collect & gnome--)

On  2 Sep, Miguel de Icaza shouted:
->
->  I see another problem with moving the GnomeCanvas to Gtk: currently,
->  if we need a new feature, or if we decide to break compatibility, we
->  are free to do so in the Gnome libraries, that is not the case with
->  Gtk libraries.
->
->  If I need a new feature in a Gnome application that modifies the
->  Canvas, the feature gets added and a release of the gnome-libs is done
->  in sync with my application.  We do not have that privilege with Gtk.
->
->  So, until the GNOME spreadsheet is released with the features we
->  originally planned for it, I want to keep the Canvas in the GNOME
->  libraries.m
->
->  Yes the Canvas might be useful to other people, but yes, they can
->  always install the gnome libraries as well.

I agree with miguel - until the canvas and lots of gnome matures and
people start using it a lot and its quirks are de-quirked by lots of
use, and things it's mising areadded since people who use it find they
need a features thats not there and add it...

->
->  Miguel.
->

--