Re: [gtk-list] gtk_canvas ?

Andreas Lobinger (A. Seeger) writes:

 > i found the proposal for a gtk_canvas wiget (like tk's canvas).
 > Is there actually any code for this ?

I have heard many oblique references to gtk_caanvas (the double `aa'
is not a typo).  But don't think there is actual code available.  The
closest I have found to a source is the author of GdkRgb, which is an
image rendering system for Gdk (I guess sort of like
gdk_imlib_``lite'').

The home page for this, http://www.levien.com/gdkrgb/, (which
currently is down for me), made mention that this GdkRgb is an
underlining part of gtk_caanvas.  If the author (Raph Levien
<raph@acm.org>) is in the house, maybe he can shed some light.

[ Also, just in case you haven't heard in the previous posts to this
list, there is GnomeCanvas available, which is quite nice but needs a
(very minimal) set of Gnome libs. ]

-Brett.