Re: [gtk-list] Re: Gnome/GtkCanvas (was Re: gtk_args_collect & gnome--)

I see another problem with moving the GnomeCanvas to Gtk: currently,
if we need a new feature, or if we decide to break compatibility, we
are free to do so in the Gnome libraries, that is not the case with
Gtk libraries.

If I need a new feature in a Gnome application that modifies the
Canvas, the feature gets added and a release of the gnome-libs is done
in sync with my application.  We do not have that privilege with Gtk.

So, until the GNOME spreadsheet is released with the features we
originally planned for it, I want to keep the Canvas in the GNOME
libraries.m

Yes the Canvas might be useful to other people, but yes, they can
always install the gnome libraries as well.

Miguel.