RE: [gtk-list] dynamically changing a button's font

> I've been working on some gtk code which quite frequently needs to
> change the style used by some of the controls on the screen.  When
> dealing with a label, I've had much success with something like:
>
> label.set_style(new_style);
>
> (where new_style is set to use a different font than the label's
> former style.)
>
> However the same code doesn't seem to work at all when I use it with a
> button.  I read the styles.txt and it seems to indicate to me that my
> code should be working.  Any ideas?
>
> Dave

The text on a button is actually a child label widget,
so you have to set the style of that.
If you're using other widgets on the button as well, e.g. a pixmap,
its more difficult. You'd probably have to use a gtk_container_foreach
to recursively set the style of each widget in the hierarchy.

Maybe styles should really propagate down the widget tree, unless
a widget's style has already been set explicitly?
This is what I've been thinking of doing in Glade.

Damon