Re: dynamically changing a button's font

beach@ataman.com writes:

> I've been working on some gtk code which quite frequently needs to
> change the style used by some of the controls on the screen.  When
> dealing with a label, I've had much success with something like:
>
> label.set_style(new_style);
>
> (where new_style is set to use a different font than the label's
> former style.)
>
> However the same code doesn't seem to work at all when I use it with a
> button.  I read the styles.txt and it seems to indicate to me that my
> code should be working.  Any ideas?

Try that on:

 GTK_LABEL (GTK_BIN (button)->child)

(or GTK_BUTTON (button)->child if you want the code to be compilable
 on 1.0.x)

A button is just a container with a child. gtk_button_new_with_label()
is a convience function that creates the child label automatically.

Regards,
                                        Owen