Re: [gtk-list] gtk-- vs. vdk

On Mon, Oct 12, 1998 at 01:02:00PM +0200, Oliver Flimm wrote:
> which of these two C++ wrappers is more preferable, stable, easy to
> use, ...? I'm about to convert to C++ and so I'm looking for an
> appropriate GUI-toolkit, peferably based on gtk+. QT/KDE is out of
> question due to it's license restrictions (even for 'free'
> software). Perhaps someone can report his experiences with either
> gtk-- or vdk.

gtk-- is definately older and as such more mature, plus from what I've
seen the API is much saner then vdk

another possibility is to just use the C api from C++ directly ...

however ... given the experience I've had with C++ I'd recommend against
switching ... how about Objective C if you want to use a C with objective
syntax .. (there are gtk/gnome bindings of course)

George