Re: [gtk-list] one function takes the control

//I need one function that launch a dialog and only returns when this dialog
//have been closed. The function is something like this:

You'll want to make the dialog modal (with gtk_grab_add), connect your signal
handlers, recursively call gtk_main, then call gtk_main_quit from one of your
signal handlers (when the user clicks the ok or cancel button, for example),
and then the call to gtk_main will return (eventually). You'll then also want
to call gtk_grab_remove, otherwise the rest of your application will remain
dead. I hope that's more or less clear. (And shouldn't this be in the FAQ, more
extensively than the answer to 4.11?)

Regards,

Johannes.
--
"I hunt, therefor I am" - Metallica

How do I connect to that real-life thing I keep hearing about?