Re: [gtk-list] Re: autogen messages

Hey, y'all.  I know the RHAD folks are probably knee-high in code right
now, so I'll do what I can to help.  I got that same error just now.  I
got over it by:

1.) exporting the ACLOCAL_FLAGS to "-I /my/gnome/dir"
2.) making a new entry in ld.so.conf file that has my /my/gnome/dir/lib
in it; ran ldconfig
3.) set some environment variable like GLIB_SOMETHING to point to
glib-config (this was in the instructions of an error message, but I think
if I
would have included /my/gnome/dir/bin in my path like the instructions
said to I wouldn't have had to do this :-)
4.) Compiled, prayed.
5.) Took some time to figure out why these little kids like to play on my
computer so much (isn't there anything else to do in *.nl and *.de this
time of night? ;-)
8.) Screwed with the MacOS gtkrc file until all the right stuff was
included (pixmap and module paths must be uncommented and set correctly)
7.) Got the damn thing to work...and OH MY GOD...I am speechless...oh...oh...

THANK YOU RASTER!!  I OWE YOU MY FIRST BORN!

Hang in there guys.

shane ;-)