Re: [gtk-list] help with tables

Aaron Walker wrote:

> I am trying to create my own text editor (just to help me learn more
> about GTK+)
> and am having trouble setting up tables to get the text widget and
> scroll bar to align
> properly.  I have looked at the GTK tutorial in the GtkText widget
> section, where the
> example uses tables.  I tried doing exactly what the example did, but
> I could not duplicate it.

I never saw that example. If I was you, I'd ditch tables for something
as simple as a text box & vscrollbar.
Just use a hbox, like so:

editorbox = gtk_hbox_new (FALSE, 1);

gtk_box_pack_start (GTK_BOX (editorbox), your_text_widget_here, TRUE,
TRUE, 1);
gtk_box_pack_start (GTK_BOX (editorbox), your_vscrollbar_here, FALSE,
FALSE, 1);

gtk_widget_show (text_widget);
gtk_widget_show (vscrollbar);
gtk_widget_show (editorbox);

AFAIR, that should pack your scrollbar and text area into a box, and
they should expand correctly when resized.

> Here is a screenshot of what it looks like:
>
> [Image]

.. snip.. just as a rule of thumb, it's better to post a URL to a
screenshot, rather than posting it to the list.

Hth!

--
Lee.