RE: [gtk-list] Rejection is nothing new to me |-(...

> > I'm writing a little CD player "capplet" in GTK+ (just to help me
> learn the
> > API...as I know several good ones already exist).  What I want to do is
> > have a GtkTextEntry that displays the track number and song length that
> > has a black background (as opposed to the default white), with alien
> > green numbers (as opposed to the default black) in a really big font
> > (which I may make user definable...just for the hell of it :-).  I
> > thought that the way to do this would be with the GtkStyle widget, like:

rc files is one way to do this. Look at testgtk.c and testgtkrc.
That way the user can just edit the rc file to change font/color.

> > I don't know if this functionality already exists in GTK+ 1.1 and I just
> > can't find it.  If it doesn't, it might be something to consider for
> > future releases (1.2?).  What I want to do specifically is attach
> an accelerator
> > key to a widget BUT have the accelerator underscore (you know how _F_ile
> > is underscored on the menu's of M$ apps) actually appear on a label right
> > next to the widget.  I am trying to have a combo box in a CD player app
> > with a label next to it that says "Artist".  I want the letter "A" of
> > "Artist" to be underscored, but I want the actual accelerator to be
> > attached to the combo box next to it, as I believe you can do in Win32.

GTK 1.1 has support for this. Possibly something like:

  label = gtk_accel_label_new ("");
  gtk_label_parse_uline (GTK_LABEL (label), "_Artist");

I haven't figured out how you get the accelerator key to work, though.
It might be something to do with gtk_accel_label_set_accel_widget ()
but I tried that and it didn't seem to work.

Damon