Re: [gtk-list] Re: gtk-- wants GtkRcStyle (& more)

"Zow" Terry Brugger <zow@pensive.llnl.gov> writes:

> A-ha, the release notes that didn't come with the distribution.

Indeed, they're on the Gtk-- homepage.

> I missed the little note about those in the README. To ask a
> potentially silly question: why have a distribution at all if you
> need to grab it from CVS in order to be sure it works? Or is that
> for using w/ gtk+1.0

Mostly, yes, and also because radically incompatible changes in gtk+
1.1 have become rather rare. Then again, one is enough.

> which it says at the top of the gtk-- website:
>
> Gtk version(s) known to NOT work with Gtk--: <1.1.x
>
> You'll pardon me if I'm just a little confused. . .

Ooops.:-) Either this is a mistake, or Tero added it because we
(actually, I'm mostly the one to blame here) haven't bother to
recompile our changes against gtk+ 1.0. I'll try to correct this
as soon as I can.

> > We try to follow the changes in gtk+ 1.1 as closely as possible,
> > so you really have to extract both from CVS.
> >
> Cool. Check out from the main line of both?

Yes.

--
					Guillaume.
					http://www.worldnet.fr/~glaurent