Rejection is nothing new to me |-(...

...but I would reallly appreciate it if someone out there who _might_
have some insight on the two questions I posted earlier (quoted below
for your convenience) might give me some hints on how to do these
things.  You don't even have to have a definitive answer; wild guesses
and shots in the dark are welcome as well.

Also for your convenience, I have attached a tarball containing the full
source (believe it or not, it does compile :-) of what I have so far, as
well as a screenshot (win95cdplayer.jpg) of my win95 desktop showing
what it is I'm trying to clone (this is especially helpful for seeing
what I mean by having label accelerators associated with the actual
widgets that they are labels for...as this is where I got the idea
from).

Obviously, this is just a front end for it.  I have NO IDEA how I would
actually hook this up to interact with the device to make a working
player.  This is just mainly to help myself learn this cool little
widget set.

I know the wonderful RHAD folks are busy hacking away, so I don't want
to bother any of them.  But any of you other guys/gals out there that
have been developing apps and run into the same problems could maybe
give me a quick note on how you solved them.

Thanks in advance,
shane

P.S. As you can tell by reading my code, I am probably a better writer
of English prose than I am of C code; so if I can start to figure these
things out (with a little help) I would be more than happy to help beef
up the (somewhat sparse, IMHO) documentation that exists on gtk.org