Re: [gtk-list] Re: [OFFTOPIC] Re: Proposed widget

> For the last one you're comparing apples to pears (as a cracker would violate
> memory intentionally this can not be considered a bug - or did you mean a
> hacker? Then this doesn't fit - hackers are per definitionem wit enough to
> produce no bugs at all :-).

I meant what I wrote: crackers are malicious in intent.  :)

Also, it is my belief that bigger companies, who write for Windows and
similar OSes, have come to rely on the MMU too much.  Namely, they get
lazy, and expect the MMU to "save the day" if something goes awry.
Non-MMU based systems don't have this luxury, so if your company wants to
make money selling software, it had better damn well NOT touch other
people's memory!  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out which
app causes a problem when run in conjunction with another.  I prefer not
using an MMU for just this reason -- it FORCES the developer to produce
good, reliable code.

      KC5TJA/6     |                  -| TEAM DOLPHIN |-
        DM13       |                  Samuel A. Falvo II
    QRP-L #1447    |          http://www.dolphin.openprojects.net