[gtk-list] Re: MDI?

On Mon, May 18, 1998 at 01:13:21AM -0700, George wrote:

> it should be raised .. but if it is not a serious enough offense it
> should never willfully stay on top .... so if the user so pleases to put
.

Yes, it probably depends. Error messages and the like should probably be
raised all the time.

Do you have any idea how this can be done in GTK?

> > Oh, the idea of MDI, I feel, isn't limited to windows inside windows. The
> > concept is more important. I find MDI very convenient, and don't really
> > understand the strong feelings against it here.
>
> MDI as a term is usually refering to multiple decorated windows inside a
> window .... if you consider something like what gimp does an MDI ...
> great .... emacs implements another type ... but those are rarely called
> MDI

There are various applications doing various things. I've already seen
things in the Windows world when the concept of windows inside windows
doesn't take place, but the interface is still MDI. If I remember correctly,
Delphi does that. Might be wrong, though. It has been awhile.

                                                   Nimrod