Re: [gtk-list] Re: MDI?

On Sun, 17 May 1998, Nimrod Zimerman wrote:
> But, what else can you do?
> You do need to let the user know the file doesn't exist (say), and you do
> need to do that in a window (because there is no other way). Unless you make
> sure the window doesn't start floating around beneath other windows, you are
> going to make the user very annoyed. This, at least, is the way I feel.
>
> It supposedly can be done, because that's the way Netscape implements the
> 'Find' window. It isn't modal, but it can't go beneath the main window.
> Can it be done in gtk?

Hm, with the risk that this has already been said, there is an ICCCM
property called WM_TRANSIENT_FOR(WINDOW) which is what Netscape uses (you
can see it with the xprop program). From what I can see it doesn't appear
to be implemented in gtk/gdk, but it's definitely something I'd like to
see there too. There are some situations when you don't want to loose
track of that itty bitty transient requester under loads and loads of
windows:).

Best regards,
David