Re: [gtk-list] Re: How do I get the color....

On May 20, KC5TJA wrote:
> Can you give a more complete example of .xpm files?  I haven't a clue as
> to what they are, yet I see them mentioned every now and again.  Also, how
> are they used within a GTK application?  What functions need be called,
> etc?

XPM is an image format, pretty much a de-facto standard for icons under
X these days.  It's a not a "standard" part of X per se, however it's
pretty ubiquitous.  Have a look in:

  ftp://avahi.inria.fr/pub/xpm

for the sources and some good papers on the format.  It's well-documented.

You'll also want to look at the Gtk tutorial, part 7.5.

--
Des Herriott
des@ops.netcom.net.uk