Re: [gtk-list] How do I get the color....

On Wed, 20 May 1998, Klas Bengtsson wrote:

> I am using images on buttons instead of text...  My problem i that my picture (.xpm file) has a white background ang  gtk buttons are gray...  I tried to set style-> whith in the *gtk_colour field of pixmap...  Pleaze .....Help ...
>
> //Klas
>
> --

You should set the blank spaces of your pixmap with no color, I mean your
pixmap is something like:

 number of colors
    \/
"6 6 2 1"
"   c #0000000000000"
"x  c #FFFFFFFFFFFFF"

"      "
" xxxx "
" x  x "
" x  x "
" xxxx "
"      "};

^ This will appear as a black square on a white background

and you have to change to

     now you have 3 instead of 2
      \/
"16 16 3 1"
"   c None"
".  c #000000000000"
"x  c #FFFFFFFFFFFF"
"      "
" xxxx "
" x..x "
" x..x "
" xxxx "

^ This is a white filled square.

You'll have to replace the pixels you want in white color with "."
characters.

<ADRIAN>