[gtk-list] Re: How do I get the color....

 I dunno if you ever seen this but it seems a more exact answer to your
question is that .xpm are just text files nothing more.

/* XPM */
static char * mini_xterm_xpm[] = {
"14 14 5 1",
"       c None",
".      c lightgrey",
"X      c dimgrey",
"o      c darkgreen",
"O      c white",
"              ",
"  .........X  ",
"  .ooooooo.X  ",
"  .oOOOooo.X  ",
"  .ooooooo.XX ",
"  .ooooooo.XX ",
"  .oOoOooo.XX ",
"  .ooooooo.X  ",
"   XXXXXXXXX  ",
"  XXXXXXXX.X  ",
" XOOOOOO.. XXX",
" .OOOOOO.X .. ",

heres a standard mini.xpm but you get the idea, hope this helps some.
catfish