Re: [gtk-list] Re: Compiling GTK

OK, here is my ./configure output. BTW, I don't know if this is a related
problem but since I finally got gtk to work I tried to compile imlib.
However, when the ./configure got to checking for the version of gtk I
had it said it couldn't find it.

Thanks,
Tony

Section from imlib:

checking for gtk-config... /usr/local/bin/gtk-config
checking for GTK - version >= 0.99.6... no
configure: warning: *** gdk_imlib will not be built ***

>From gtk:

checking for a BSD compatible install... (cached) /usr/bin/install -c
checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... (cached) yes
checking for working aclocal... found
checking for working autoconf... found
checking for working automake... found
checking for working autoheader... found
checking for working makeinfo... found
checking for ranlib... (cached) ranlib
checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether we are using GNU C... (cached) yes
checking for ld used by GCC... (cached) /usr/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... (cached) yes
checking for BSD-compatible nm... (cached) /usr/bin/nm -B
checking whether ln -s works... (cached) yes
checking for gcc option to produce PIC... -fPIC
checking if gcc PIC flag -fPIC works... yes
checking if gcc static flag -static works... -static
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking whether the linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared libraries... yes
checking command to parse /usr/bin/nm -B output... yes
checking for /usr/bin/ld option to reload object files... -r
checking dynamic linker characteristics... Linux ld.so
checking for objdir... .libs
creating libtool
checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc -g -O2 -DGTK_NO_CHECK_CASTS )
works... yes
checking whether the C compiler (gcc -g -O2 -DGTK_NO_CHECK_CASTS ) is a
cross-compiler... no
checking whether we are using GNU C... (cached) yes
checking for gcc option to accept ANSI C... (cached) none needed
checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... (cached) yes
checking how to run the C preprocessor... (cached) gcc -E
checking for X... (cached) libraries /usr/X11R6/lib, headers
/usr/X11R6/include
checking for dnet_ntoa in -ldnet... (cached) no
checking for dnet_ntoa in -ldnet_stub... (cached) no
checking for gethostbyname... (cached) yes
checking for connect... (cached) yes
checking for remove... (cached) yes
checking for shmat... (cached) yes
checking for IceConnectionNumber in -lICE... (cached) yes
checking for XOpenDisplay in -lX11... (cached) no
checking for XShmAttach in -lXext... (cached) no
checking for XShmAttach in -lXextSam... (cached) no
checking for XShapeCombineMask in -lXext... (cached) no
checking for sys/ipc.h... (cached) yes
checking for sys/shm.h... (cached) yes
checking whether shmctl IPC_RMID allowes subsequent attaches... yes
checking X11/extensions/XShm.h... no
checking resource base field in XDisplay... (cached) private3
checking need -DX_LOCALE... no
checking for ANSI C header files... (cached) yes
checking for working const... (cached) yes
checking return type of signal handlers... (cached) void
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking for getpagesize... (cached) yes
checking for working mmap... (cached) yes
checking fd_set and sys/select... yes
creating ./config.status
creating Makefile
creating gtk-config
creating docs/Makefile
creating gdk/Makefile
creating gtk/Makefile
creating config.h
config.h is unchanged
configuring in glib
running /bin/sh ./configure  --cache-file=.././config.cache --srcdir=.
[...]
checking whether the C compiler (gcc -g -O2 ) works... yes
checking whether the C compiler (gcc -g -O2 ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether we are using GNU C... (cached) yes
checking for gcc option to accept ANSI C... (cached) none needed
checking how to run the C preprocessor... (cached) gcc -E
checking for ANSI C header files... (cached) yes
checking for vprintf... (cached) yes
checking for atexit... (cached) yes
checking for on_exit... (cached) yes
checking size of char... (cached) 1
checking size of short... (cached) 2
checking size of long... (cached) 4
checking size of int... (cached) 4
checking size of void *... (cached) 4
checking for working const... (cached) yes
checking for inline... (cached) inline
checking for float.h... (cached) yes
checking for limits.h... (cached) yes
checking for values.h... (cached) yes
checking for strerror... (cached) yes
checking for strsignal... (cached) yes
checking for memmove... (cached) yes
checking for vsnprintf... (cached) yes
checking for strcasecmp... (cached) yes
checking sys_errlist... yes
checking sys_siglist... yes
checking fd_set and sys/select... yes
checking for wchar.h... yes
checking for wctype.h... yes
checking if iswalnum() and friends are properly defined... yes
creating ./config.status
creating Makefile
creating glibconfig.h
glibconfig.h is unchanged