RE: [gtk-list] Closing a window in GTK--

>  I'm trying to close a window from a menu option. So, in this menu
> option callback, I do "delete window". The first time I do it, it does
> nothing. If I try again, I get sigsegv. Do I need to do something else
> to close this window (I've tried hiding it before, but it
> doesn't help,
> and anyway it's supposed to be done automatically).
>
>  I'm using GTK+ 1.0.1 and GTK-- 0.9.3.

I use the same technique and same versions of software.  I don't have a
problem with this.  In other words, it should work.

When you do the hide() explicitedly, does the window disappear?  If it
doesn't I would suspect that the pointer you are using is corrupt, ie not
the window pointer.

Trying putting a printf in the destructor for your destructor for the window
to see if it was called when the delete is issued.

-ger

     Throw off those chains of reason, and your prison disappears...

 EMAIL: 	G.Lachac@dialogic.com
 USMAIL: 	Dialogic Corp.  1515 Route 10 Parsippany,NJ
 PHONE:  	(973)993-3000 ext 6193
 WEB: 		http://www.dialogic.com