RE: GTK Xfig?

Yeah, me!!!

That'a exactly what I'm doing at the moment!
But I'm doing it in gtk--, because I prefer c++ for such an object oriented
thing.

Till now I only have the polyline objects ready, but with all the styles
like colours, thickness, cap and joint style, and fillings.
I want to stick to the file format because then one can still use "transfig"
for postscript output. Now I should write the Base class for the other
objects, and then I can easily put in all the other objects.

Of course later on I (or we if someone would contribute) could add
our own output methods into it, to get rid of transfig.

Of course major thoughts also have to be spent on the GUI,
input methods, editing, like shifting, resscaling objects and so on.

I think I'll do some more work and then I'd like to put a first,
very-alpha version on the net (don't know where, any ideas...)
Any help is welcome.  BTW, I think Xfig is not too difficult to
decode, by using a debugger and a good eye...

Bye Bye,  Oliver