Displaying images

Hi.

 I'm working on an interface for a renderer, and I want to display
images as they are being rendered (one line at a time). Image data is
stored in an array of colors (which are triplets of float values).

 What do I have to do to display this images? Can anyone outline the
process to follow (structures needed, how to initialize them, etc)? The
more information the better, of course, but any hint will be
appreciated. I'm not very familiarized with this topic, but I'm willing
to learn.

 BTW, I'm using GTK--, but I suppose I'll have to use GDK and GTK.

 Thanks in advance.
 Angel.