Re: [gtk-list] GnomeCanvas widget

> What's the difference between a canvas and a drawing area, in this sense?
> I'm getting confused.  Why not just use a drawing area?

The drawing area you have to keep track yourself of what is in there
and you have to deal with exposes and with redraws.

With the canvas, you throw object at it (lines, circles, widgets,
curves), possibly group them and manipulate them as objects, ie, move
all of the "arrow-lines" to 40 pixels to the left.

Miguel.