Re: [gtk-list] GnomeCanvas widget

On Fri, 8 May 1998, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:

> I am working on a nifty GnomeCanvas widget that is mostly a clone of
> Tk's excellent canvas.  This should allow people to write a lot of
> stuff easily.  I expect it to be ready in a couple of days, so please
> don't start on another similar project in the meantime :-)

What's the difference between a canvas and a drawing area, in this sense?
I'm getting confused.  Why not just use a drawing area?

Thanks for the clarification.

      KC5TJA/6     |                  -| TEAM DOLPHIN |-
        DM13       |                  Samuel A. Falvo II
    QRP-L #1447    |          http://www.dolphin.openprojects.net