thread safe gtk?

Hi

We are considering using GTK in developing commercial software. One
important issue is multithreaded GUI applications and the only
reference on the topic I found was at http://www.humanfactor.com/gpk/.

It seems that in order to develop multithreaded GUI applications you
have to use different interface from GTK's (the interface that GPK
provides). It would be better to be able to use the same GTK
interface, especially because it seems that with GPK you cannot do
everything. I am thinking that why cannot GTK be thread safe by
default? Is this a stupid idea?

Has there been any discussions on the topic? Is there more
documentation or any other material? Please comment this message or
give some pointers.

Thanks,

Sami

--
Sami Kallio	                    		email: samik@eiffel.com
Interactive Software Engineering Inc.		Tel: +1 805 685-1006