Re: [gtk-list] GTK+ Menu Styles...

> The ability to have the WindowManager be able to say to an app,
> "Put menus here, like so." is a very nice feature.  I'd like to
> let a theme be able to be setup that would let the menu go at the
> top of a screen (ala Mac) or be mounted vertically (ala NextStep)
> or ripped off and pinned to the desk top (ala Openview).  For
> something like the GIMP I'd like to be able to toggle this.  I
> think I'd prefer the NextStep ones in that case, since I'd want
> more vertical space.

I agree.  I personally prefer menus across the top edge of the screen, but
hidden until needed (a la AmigaOS).  I like having the right-mouse button
bring up menus on demand.  However, I also like pin-up menus as well.  I
like the ability to click on the push-pin to permanently pin the menu, and
be able to drag it about the screen.

I think somene should work on this... :)  Too bad I don't have the time
(working on my own programming projects, ya know... :) ).

What would be ideal, for me at least, is to have GTK written so that it
uses a scripting language to control how the screen is rendered.
Something, preferrably, like GForth or related language (Guile???).  This
way here, I can write my own GUI "schema" as I needed it, depending on how
a given application is to be used.

      KC5TJA/6     |                  -| TEAM DOLPHIN |-
        DM13       |                  Samuel A. Falvo II
    QRP-L #1447    |          http://www.dolphin.openprojects.net