GTK+ Menu Styles...

On Tue, May 05, 1998 at 09:00:55AM -0700, KC5TJA wrote:
> On Tue, 5 May 1998, Raj Dutt wrote:
>
> > speaking of the GIMP i really have a suggestion that I dont think would be too
> > hard to implement.
> >
> > have a floating menubar at the top like Photoshop for IRIX
>
> This goes for all of GTK.  I *LIKE* pin-up menus!!

I think that Menus should be *very* configurable.  I know this
falls under Raster and his "theme"ing GTK+, but I think that menus should
be a very flexable widget.

The ability to have the WindowManager be able to say to an app,
"Put menus here, like so." is a very nice feature.  I'd like to
let a theme be able to be setup that would let the menu go at the
top of a screen (ala Mac) or be mounted vertically (ala NextStep)
or ripped off and pinned to the desk top (ala Openview).  For
something like the GIMP I'd like to be able to toggle this.  I
think I'd prefer the NextStep ones in that case, since I'd want
more vertical space.

Just an idea, but I love being able to drag around everything to
get it out of the way. :)

docwhat@gerf.org